FLO Wood POD Handboard PF3 Swim Fins - Best Bodysurfing Gear
Bodysurfing Handboard Package - "FLO" Cedar and Walnut POD® Handboards and POD Fins PF3 - Swim Fins
There’s nothing quite like our beautifully crafted POD handboards shapes, our 375mm/15inch solid Cedar and Walnut Hand Body Soul® bodysurfing handplanes are crafted like no other.
The new POD handboard range, we now offer all three-size body surfing hand boards in two wood species joined together walnut centre and cedar sides.
With two new wood species, cedar and walnut and three bodysurfing POD handboard sizes are a "body surfing game-changer" 100% Custom Built for Bodysurfing, CAD computer-aided design, precision CNC machining, laser engravings, hand-finished and hand-assembled.
Also, for the very first time, Shane has designed ergonomic palm hold and support on the handboard deck surface, between the new purposely custom-built 50mm/2inch hand strap retainer inserts to suit 50mm/2inch webbing strap.
Not like other bodysurfing handplanes use of a small 25mm/1inch surfboard plug and a thin handboard strap causing discomfort over the hand.
The palm support relieves the arm muscles from stress, typically from handplanes with flat decks and most of all holds your hand in place, prevents your hand from slipping out from under the double padded neoprene strap.
Cedar/Walnut FLO Body Surfing Handboard Features
- Volume = 953cm^3 or 953millilitres/0.2517 US Liquid gallon
- Lifting Force = up to 110kg/242.508lb
- Size = L 375mm/15inch x W 218mm/8.25inches x D 45mm/1.77inches
- Deck = Convex with Palm Hold and Support
- Bottom = Deep 20mm Concave with Keel Fin
- 50mm/2inch Custom POD Designed Hand Strap Retainer (not a 25mm/1inch surfboard plug)
- 65mm/2.5inches Double Padded Neoprene (not 35mm/1.3inch strap)
- 50mm/2inch Adjustable Webbing Hand Strap
- Wrist Leash
- Laser Engravings
- Satin Finish
*Note: We highly recommend adjusting the hand strap snug once over your hand. With further use just slide your hand in between the strap and the deck palm support. This will ensure the Velcro remains attached and lasts for many years.
Protective Handboard Case and Hemp Drawstring Cover
Protect your bodysurfing POD handboard investment with a new environmentally friendly reusable packaging foam that can be repeatedly recycled, the environmental protection industry describes it as a never-recession material with so many advantages, including good impact resistance, moisture-proof and waterproof.
Therefore, with the proper care, your premium wood handboard will last years of quality bodysurfing, that you can then pass down from generation to generation.
Hemp Cover and Protective Case Features
- Environmentally Friendly 320gsm Hemp Cover
- Impact Resistance Protective Case
- Reusable Environmentally Packaging
All POD handboards decks are Convex = Comfort in the palm of your hand
The bottom surface are Concave = Optimum Lift, Speed, and Control in the surf
The concave bottom and keel fin surface area are explicitly engineered for Rapid Lift versus Force in association with the mixture of air and water provides instant Lifting Force, Speed and Control; this will assist in your body surfing and handboarding wave-holding skills without your board sliding sideways.
Bodysurfing Swim Fins - POD Fins PF3
Introducing our top-of-the-line surfing swim fin proudly designed by our POD Ware team!
Others may try to imitate but none will even come close to the research and development that has gone into the PF3 Evolution Line.
This distinctive swimming fin has all the high quality design features of our PF2’s but stands out because of its asymmetrical design which delivers more precise balance when compared with competitors asymmetrical fins.
These performance fins are sought after by experienced bodysurfers, bodyboarders and surf photographers. Our Point of Difference (POD) philosophy is what makes the difference in this leading edge surfing swim fin!
POD Fins PF3 - Bodysurfing Swim Fins Features
- Asymmetrical design delivers precision balance
- Foot size relative to blade length ratio
- Manufactured with Malaysian highest quality natural buoyant rubber compounds
- POD patented lamination technique for super strong construction
- Soft rubber lined extended foot pocket is extremely comfortable
- Unique Splay Rails® combined with asymmetric blade provide excellent balance and a more powerful kick with directed thrust, speed and control
- Vertical rails produce greater wave holding stability
- Drainage design ensures quick water and sand release from the foot pocket
POD Fins PF3 - Bodysurfing Fins Sizes
- Small/Medium: 7-8 = Length 24cm and Width 9cm
- Medium: 8-9 = Length 25cm and Width 9.5cm
- Medium/Large: 9-10 = Length 26cm and Width 10cm
- Large: 10-11 = Length 27cm and Width 10.5cm
*Note: Please use the foot size chart below for all models of POD fins. If you have any doubts whatsoever, please visit your local stockist.
If the length of your foot is slightly longer but matches the same width in the foot size chart, there is still plenty of toe room because the foot pocket itself has been extended for versatile fittings and to ensure a comfortable fit.
POD Fins are not engineered for fittings below the mentioned sizes (more than one foot sizes), this will alter the intended foot size to blade length ratio versus body weight.
This will compromise the swim fin structural strength, due to overweight or overstretching, is not covered under warranty.
Furthermore, POD swim fins are made from quality natural rubber intended for bodyboarding, bodysurfing, knee-boarding, swimming and other related water sports activities, including ocean photographers.
They are not intended for walking or running (they are not joggers nor shoes).
Bending the blade beyond 35° in any direction from walking, running and/or excess load on the blade or sole will cause the sole or blade to tear/crack voids warranty.
Please review in the left hand side product images - the blade length comparison between the PF2's and PF3's this extra blade length will scale the same in all size POD swim fins.
POD Handboard Tips are available on the following link, www.podware.com.au/handboard-tips.