Finally the first DK Leash, good on you pod another world first.
POD Connection Large Bicep Leash - Drop Knee Bodyboarding
POD’s Superior Drop Knee Bodyboard Bicep Leash
Is surf gear innovation at its very best! We’ve carefully designed this leash to supports the specific needs of drop-knee riders by lengthening the straight end sections of the cord. Prevents the coil from stretching to the point where it’s pulling on the rider's arm.
The large POD DK bicep leash comfortably fits between 28cm to 35cm secured strapping assembly. Along with this, we’ve traded out the standard plastic buckle for one made of solid marine grade stainless steel. Now the strap is constructed with our latest Super Loop for quick release in moments of need.
The new Black Stealth Series integrates the cord and connector in an organic design that can stretch up to 6 times its original length without compromising the integrity of the leash. If you’re a drop knee rider, the Superior Drop Knee – POD Connection Bicep Leash is a dream come true!
Available in stealth black badge and black cord "Black on Black"
Thanks to all the DK Riders and in particular Carlos Canle & Guillaume Habasque for the inspiration.
POD CONNECTION - Bodyboarding "Like No Other" = RELIABILITY FOR THE BODYBOARDER TO TAKE ON THE ELEMENTS WITH CONFIDENCE IN BIGGER SURF CONDITIONS.
POD Connection Features
All Premium Grade Components
- POD Connection: Shane Vassallo at POD Ware has proudly designed three unique advanced organically shaped connectors to suit the essential requirements of both Bodyboarding and Surfing sports.
- Bodyboard Leash Connectors: The highest grade urethane combined with the unique POD Connectors enables both to stretch to the utmost specification limits of the raw materials providing maximum durability.
- Drop Knee leash: is 1.2m total in length - 100cm of coils and 9-10cm straight cord at each end (Not including the POD Connectors). A better length cord for DK without overstretching the coil loops when Drop Knee riding and ensures good coil return when under load.
- Stainless Steel Buckle: Plastic buckles break - Shane has introduced the world's first marine grade stainless steel buckle to ensure 100% reliability.
- *Strength Testing: Ambient temperature will vary stretch results.
- Swivels: The marine grade stainless steel swivel shaft encased in a naturally greasy plastic barrel casing guarantees a smooth swivel shaft rotation, eliminating any fused parts from salt erosion.
- Webbing Loop: Quick release in moments of need.
*Note: Before Bodyboarding always check for cuts in the cord from previous bodyboarding sessions.
From our Designer, Shane Vassallo:
“Since Peter Clarke, the former owner of Full Bore pioneered the first swivel connector moulded over a cord in the 80’s, and bodyboarders have been continually pushing wave riding performance to extreme levels. It was imperative that I match this with function, design & durability.
It was the structural strength in nature that inspired me to design the POD Connection. The shape and configuration enable the cord to stretch to its maximum raw material specifications; a goal I was pleased to achieve.
I hope my work inspires the next generation in leash design!
The Surfer Deserves! Chase It®"
Designer, Shane Vassallo
Authorised Licence Agreement/s are welcome for any POD Connection - Registered Design AU 344685 - Unauthorised Use will vigorously be defended.