Duo POD Handboards - EGO 225mm 9inch Bodysurfing Handplanes
Duo EGO Cedar Walnut 225mm 9inch POD® Handboards 100% Custom Built for Bodysurfing
Enhance your free style, Double your Swimming Stroke, Lifting Force, Speed and Control with a pair of 225mm/9inch EGO Bodysurfing POD Handboards.
Dedicated to Harry "H2O" Saderis, the first bodysurfer and friend in the '90s started body surfing with a pair of the classic solid plastic POD handboards, as seen in our blog post How to Bodysurf: Learn to Use a POD Body Surfing Handboard.
There’s nothing quite like our beautifully crafted 225mm/9inch solid Cedar and Walnut Hand Body Soul® Duo POD bodysurfing handboards!
Also, for the very first time, Shane has designed ergonomic palm hold and support on the handboard deck surface, between the new purposely custom-built 50mm/2inch hand strap retainer inserts to suit 50mm/2inch webbing strap.
Not like other bodysurfing handplanes use of a small 25mm/1inch surfboard plug and a thin handboard strap causing discomfort over the hand.
The palm support relieves the arm muscles from stress, typically from handplanes with flat decks and most of all holds your hand in place, prevents your hand from slipping out from under the double padded neoprene strap.
The new POD handboard range, we now offer all three-size body surfing hand boards in two wood species joined together walnut centre and cedar sides.
Available in three new body surfing board sizes
- "EGO" = Length 225mm/9inch x Width 200mm/7.87inches x D 41mm/1.61inches
- "WOO" = Length 300mm/12inch x Width 210mm/8.25inches x D 43mm/1.69inches
- "FLO" = Length 375mm/15inch x Width 218mm/8.25inches x D 45mm/1.77inches
Since the late ’80s, our founder and artisan Shane Vassallo with a passion for bodysurfing and wood, has been hand shaping each handboard out of select grade Australian or Canadian cedar and limited range of other wood species published in the blog post Successful 30 Years.
With two new wood species cedar and walnut, three bodysurfing POD handboard sizes are a "body surfing game-changer" CAD computer-aided design, precision CNC machining, laser engravings, hand-finished and hand-assembled.
Cedar and Walnut contrasting colours, natural wood grain variations, timber density and Sic Cut® shape make each handboard one-of-a-kind.
Without any doubt, the new Sustainable EGO Cedar and Walnut Neutral Buoyant Duo POD Handboards ensures improved performance in any surf condition, from casual surfer to the elite dedicated bodysurfer looking for a brag-worthy unique product with outstanding performance, whilst offering natural swimming and paddling freedom, improved bodysurfing performance wave after wave, we highly recommend any of the Solid Wooden POD Handboards.
EGO DUO Cedar Walnut Body Surfing Handboard Features
- Volume = 485cm^3 or 485millilitres/0.1281 US Liquid gallon
- Lifting Force = up to 70kg/154.324lb per handboard
- Size = L 225mm/9inch x W 200mm/7.87inches x D 41mm/1.61inches
- Weight = 250 to 280grams or 0.551156 to 0.617294pounds (this will vary due to grain density)
- Deck = Convex with Palm Hold and Support
- Bottom = Deep 16mm Concave with Keel Fin
- 50mm/2inch Custom POD Designed Hand Strap Retainer (not a 25mm/1inch surfboard plug)
- 65mm/2.5inch Double Padded Neoprene
- 50mm/2inch Adjustable Webbing Hand Strap (not 35mm/1.3inch webbing strap)
- Wrist Leash
- Laser Engravings
- Satin Finish
*Note: We highly recommend adjusting the hand strap snug once over your hand. With further use just slide your hand in between the strap and the deck palm support. This will ensure the Velcro remains attached and lasts for many years.
Protective Bodysurfing Handboard Case and Hemp Drawstring Cover
Protect your bodysurfing POD handboard investment with a new environmentally friendly reusable packaging foam that can be repeatedly recycled, the environmental protection industry describes it as a never-recession material with so many advantages, including good impact resistance, moisture-proof and waterproof.
Therefore, with the proper care, your premium wood handboard will last years of quality bodysurfing, that you can then pass down from generation to generation.
Hemp Cover and Protective Case Features
- Environmentally Friendly Heavy Weight 320gsm Hemp Cover
- Impact Resistance Protective Case
- Reusable Packaging
All Timber POD handboards decks are Convex with Palm Support = Comfort in the palm of your hand
The bottom surface is Concave with a Keel Fin = Optimum Lift, Speed, and Control in the surf
The concave bottom and keel fin surface area are explicitly engineered for Rapid Lift versus Force in association with the mixture of air and water provides instant Lifting Force, Speed and Control; this will assist in your body surfing and handboarding wave-holding skills without your board sliding sideways.
- What is the correct size bodysurfing handboard that will best suit the individual? Available on the following link, www.podware.com.au/blog/how-to-choose-a-bodysurfing-handboard.
- POD Handboard Tips are available on the following link, www.podware.com.au/handboard-tips.