Premium Bodysurfing Gear - Wood Handboard PF2s Socks Savers
Premium Bodysurfing Gear - Hand Body Soul Wood POD Handboard, POD Fins PF2 Bodysurfing Fins, Neoprene Socks and Fin Savers
To celebrate over 25years of handboard manufacturing, Shane Vassallo has now designed the new Hand Body Soul® Max 5 plywood hand board range. Also, fabricated a new 316 stainless steel webbing hand-strap bridge.
Now you can ride a POD handboard either way
Just like the POD logo ambigram (can be turned 180 degrees still reads the same), now for the very first time in bodysurfing! Shane has also designed this new versatile Hand Body Soul® bodysurfing handboards that can be ridden either way!
Versatile bodysurfing experience
Long Handboard Position
Have the nose (longest section of the board) in front of your hand for the extra planing surface for full waves.
Short Handboard Position
Turn the board (180 degrees) the other way and have the tail (short section) in front of your hand for barrelling waves.
You make a choice it is in your hands – The decision is in your Bodysurfing – Naturally
Also, the new ultra-light Max 5 cottonwood hand board shape, "maximises" the board's planing surface area. In conjunction with the concave, provides the optimum lift, speed, and control in the surf.
Remarkably, this hand surfer is the exact length and width with less weight compare to the classic solid plastic model, with the extra advantage maximising the surface area, providing better planing abilities when bodysurfing across the wall of the wave.
So, if you’re looking for the extra lift, speed, and control body surfing across the wall of the Wave? Then our new hand finished Max 5 wooden POD Handboards should be on the top of your list!
The concave bottom is specifically engineered for rapid lift versus force, this will assist in your body surfing and wave-holding skills without your board sliding downwards!
While our Hand Body Soul® wooden range keeps your hand in the natural swimming position. Also, the double padded hand board strap and palm deck grip makes them comfortable to use.
A bodysurfing hand board or hand plane should have neutral buoyancy, they are easier to swim with when cutting into the surface of the water with no extra load to your swimming stroke, also its easier to stroke the board to the middle of your body maintaining excellent balance.
Body-surfing hand-boards that are over buoyant make it difficult to cut into the surface of the water whilst swimming, it also adds extra load to your hand, wrist and arm, furthermore twisting your body to one side when swimming.
Hand Body Soul® Max 5 Features
- Precise CNC machining (Computer Numerical Control) and hand finished
- Laser cut registered trademarks
- Hand sprayed and hand assembled
- 380mm or 15" hand board, "maximises" the board's gliding surface area
- Five-ply cottonwood laminate construction is lightweight, flexible, durable and neutral buoyancy
- Your hand is placed on over the convex deck surface and strap in the natural swimming position, directly above the board’s pivot point
- Extra comfort 65mm wide double-padded neoprene hand strap, includes under palm deck grip and wrist leash
- Left-handed users can change the wrist cord to the left side or your preferred bodysurfing choice or wave conditions = Long or Short Handboard Position
- Concave bottom ensures rapid elevation "lift force" and increased wave-holding capability
*Note: We highly recommends adjusting your hand strap once over your hand. So with further use just slide your hand in between the strap and the deck grip. As a result, this will ensure the Velcro remains attached and lasts for many years.
POD Handboard Tips are available at the following link, www.podware.com.au/handboard-tips.
Body surfing hand boards; also known as hand planes or hand surfers.
POD Fins PF2
If you’re looking for ultra-advanced surfing swim fins look no further! A step above our PF1’s, these high quality rubber swim fins are ideal for bodyboarding, bodysurfing, swimming in the ocean or for use as photographer’s swim fins.
The sleek Siccut® design is backed by patented technology and only the best materials available. Users of our PF2 swim fins are amazed by their speed, power, and supreme comfort.
These swimming fins will last thanks to our patented lamination technique as well as the Tread Rails® that run along the outside of the foot pocket. We’re confident our PF2’s will quickly earn your trust and keep you coming back for more!
POD Fins PF2 - Swim Fins Features
- Manufactured with Malaysian highest quality natural buoyant rubber compounds
- Lightweight and Robust
- POD patented lamination technique for super strong construction
- Soft rubber lined extended foot pocket is extremely comfortable
- Unique Splay Rails® combined with symmetric Chisel Blade® provide excellent balance and a more powerful kick with directed thrust, speed and control
- Vertical rails produce greater wave holding stability
- Drainage design ensures quick water and sand release from the foot pocket
- Tread Rails® that run along the outside of the foot pocket provide extra strength and durability
POD Fins PF2 - Bodysurfing Swim Fins Sizes
- Small: 6-7 = Length 23cm and Width 8.5cm
- Small/Medium: 7-8 = Length 24cm and Width 9cm
- Medium: 8-9 = Length 25cm and Width 9.5cm
- Medium/Large: 9-10 = Length 26cm and Width 10cm
- Large: 10-11 = Length 27cm and Width 10.5cm
- Extra Large: 11-12 = Length 27cm and Width 11cm
*Note: Please use the foot size chart below for all models of POD fins. If you have any doubts whatsoever, please visit your local stockist.
If the length of your foot is slightly longer but matches the same width in the sizes below, there is still plenty of toe room because the foot pocket itself has been extended for versatile fittings and to ensure a comfortable fit.
POD does not recommend fitting two foot sizes down in any size fins, as this may tear or crack the sole including snapping the fin strap from over stretching, plus this will change the intended foot size to blade length ratio, including the structural fin strength vs. body weight which is not covered under warranty.
Most importantly rubber swim fins are intended for swimming not walking or running. Bending the blade beyond 45° in any direction from walking, running and/or impact on the blade will cause the sole or blade to tear/crack will void any warranty.
POD Fins Size Chart is now located in to the left hand side in product images.
POD Neoprene Fin Socks
We set out to improve on traditional fin/flipper socks and are extremely proud of the results! POD Fin Sock’s registered design innovation includes a stitch-free interior that allows the sock to hug or contour to the arch of your foot.
Put them on and you will immediately feel the difference whether you are bodysurfing, bodyboarding or swimming with or without swim fins/flippers.
Our fin socks help to provide a snug fit when worn with rubber flippers and will keep the rubber from irritating your feet or ankles.
With POD Fin Socks you get it all: a customised fit, smart design and durable product you’ll feel great in!
Fin Sock Features
- Lycra binding.
- Stitch-free interior.
- Left and Right fitting.
- Quality 3mm neoprene.
- Strong flat lock stitching.
- Black/Lime lining & white stitching.
- Small = 6-7
- Medium = 8-9
- Large = 9-10
- Extra Large = 10-12
POD Fin Savers
POD Fin Straps - Flipper Savers innovative slim-line concept was originally designed by the team riders with POD Ware.
POD has now developed a superior quality deluxe model with a new buckle adjustable strapping system to suit larger variety of ankle sizes.
New POD Deluxe Fin Straps have a stronger 6 mm wedding lace longer enough to lace around any rubber swim fin strap, the 4mm neoprene padding provides comfort around the ankle and prevents bulkiness between the back of the ankle and rubber fin strap when bodysurfing, body-boarding and ocean swimming.