Premium Bodysurfing Gear - Wood Handboard PF2 Swim Fins
The Premium Bodysurfing Gear - Hand Body Soul Wood POD Handboard and POD Fins PF2 - Swim Fins
To celebrate over 25years of handboard manufacturing, Shane Vassallo has now designed the new Hand Body Soul® Max 5 plywood hand board range. Also, fabricated a new 316 stainless steel webbing hand-strap bridge.
Versatile bodysurfing experience - Now you can ride a POD handboard either way
Just like the POD logo ambigram (can be turned 180 degrees still reads the same), now for the very first time in bodysurfing! Shane has also designed this new versatile Hand Body Soul® bodysurfing handplanes that you can ride either way!
Long Handboard Position
Have the nose (most extended section of the board) in front of your hand for the extra planing surface on full waves.
Short Handboard Position
Turn the board (180 degrees) the other way and have the tail (short section) in front of your hand for barrelling waves.
You make the choice, it is in your hands – The decision is in your Bodysurfing – Naturally
Also, the new ultra-light Max 5 cottonwood 380mm or 15" hand board shape, "maximises" the board's planing surface area. In conjunction with the concave, provides the maximum lift, speed, and control in the surf.
Remarkably, this hand surfer is the exact length and width with less weight compare to the classic robust plastic model, with the extra advantage maximising the surface area, providing better hydrodynamic and glide abilities when bodysurfing across the wall of the wave.
So, if you’re looking for the extra lift, speed, and control body surfing across the wall of the wave? Then our new hand finished epoxy sprayed wooden POD Handboard should be on the top of your list!
Convex = Comfort in the palm of your hand
Concave = Optimum Lift, Speed, and Control in the surf
A bodysurfing hand board or hand plane should have neutral buoyancy; they are more comfortable to swim with when cutting into the surface of the water with no extra load to your swimming stroke, also its more accessible to stroke the board to the middle of your body maintaining excellent balance.
Body-surfing hand-planes that are over buoyant make it challenging to cut into the surface of the water while swimming, it also adds extra load to your hand, wrist and arm, furthermore twisting your body to one side.
Hand Body Soul® Bodysurfing Handboard Features
- Precise CNC machining and hand finished epoxy sprayed
- Laser cut registered trademarks
- Hand sprayed and hand assembled
- 380mm or 15" hand board, "maximises" the board's gliding surface area
- Five-ply cottonwood laminate construction is lightweight, flexible, durable and neutral buoyancy
- Your hand is placed on over the convex deck surface and strap in the natural swimming position, directly above the board’s pivot point
- Extra comfort 65mm wide double-padded neoprene hand strap, includes under palm deck grip and wrist leash
- Left-handed users can change the wrist cord to the left side or your preferred bodysurfing choice or wave conditions = Long or Short Handboard Position
- Concave bottom ensures rapid elevation "lift force" and increased wave-holding capability
*Note: We highly recommend adjusting your hand strap once over your hand. So with further use slide your hand in between the strap and the deck grip.
POD Handboard Tips are available at the following link, www.podware.com.au/handboard-tips.
Body surfing hand boards; also known as hand planes or hand surfers.
POD Fins PF2If you’re looking for ultra-advanced surfing swim fins, look no further! A step above our PF1’s, these high-quality rubber swim fins are ideal for bodyboarding, bodysurfing, swimming in the ocean or for use as photographer’s swim fins.
The sleek Siccut® design backed by patented technology and only the best materials available. Users of our PF2 swim fins are amazed by their speed, power, and supreme comfort. These swimming fins will last thanks to our patented lamination technique as well as the Tread Rails® that run along the outside of the foot pocket. We’re confident our PF2’s will quickly earn your trust and keep you coming back for more!
POD Fins PF2 - Swim Fins Features
- Manufactured with Malaysian highest quality natural buoyant rubber compounds
- Lightweight and Robust Siccut® design
- POD patented lamination technique for super strong construction
- Soft rubber lined extended foot pocket is extremely comfortable
- Unique Splay Rails® combined with symmetric Chisel Blade® provide excellent balance and a more powerful kick with directed thrust, speed and control
- Vertical rails produce greater wave holding stability
- Drainage design ensures quick water and sand release from the foot pocket
- Tread Rails® that run along the outside of the foot pocket provide extra "strength and durability"
POD Fins PF2 - Bodysurfing Swim Fins Sizes
- Small: 6-7 = Length 23cm and Width 8.5cm
- Small/Medium: 7-8 = Length 24cm and Width 9cm
- Medium: 8-9 = Length 25cm and Width 9.5cm
- Medium/Large: 9-10 = Length 26cm and Width 10cm
- Large: 10-11 = Length 27cm and Width 10.5cm
- Extra Large: 11-12 = Length 27cm and Width 11cm
*Note: Please use the foot size chart below for all models of POD fins. If you have any doubts whatsoever, please visit your local stockist.
If the length of your foot is slightly longer but matches the same width in the foot size chart, there is still plenty of toe room because the foot pocket itself has been extended for versatile fittings and to ensure a comfortable fit.
POD Fins are not engineered for fittings below the mentioned sizes (more than one foot sizes), this will alter the predetermined foot size to blade length ratio versus body weight.
This will compromise the swim fin structural strength, due to overweight or overstretching, is not covered under warranty.
Furthermore, POD swim fins are made from quality natural rubber intended for bodyboarding, bodysurfing, kneeboarding, swimming and other related water sports activities.
They are not intended for walking or running (they are not joggers nor shoes).
Bending the blade beyond 35° in any direction from walking, running and/or excess load on the blade or sole will cause the sole or blade to tear/crack voids warranty.
POD Fins Size Chart is now located in to the left hand side in product images.
If you’re looking for ultra-advanced surfing swim fins. look no further!
A step above our PF1’s, these high-quality rubber swim fins are ideal for bodyboarding, bodysurfing, knee boarding, swimming in the ocean, surf rescue, surf lifeguards or for use as photographer’s swim fins.
The sleek design backed by patented technology and only the best materials available.
Users of our PF2 swim fins are amazed by their speed, power, and supreme comfort.
These swimming fins will last thanks to our patented lamination technique as well as the tread rails® that run along the outside of the foot pocket.
We’re confident our PF2’s will quickly earn your trust and keep you coming back for more!