“Shane, awesome customer service and he helped me select the right pair of fins and handboard, he was happily to help me with any questions I had, pod is the way to go”
Best Bodysurfing Gear – WOO Wood POD Handboard PF2 Swim Fins
WOO Cedar and Walnut 300mm 12inch Wood POD Handboard and POD Fins PF2 - Best Handboarding Gear
Woo Hoo there’s nothing quite like our beautifully crafted and shaped 300mm/12inch solid Cedar and Walnut Hand Body Soul® POD bodysurfing handboards!
POD handboard are a "body surfing game-changer" CAD computer-aided design, precision CNC machining, laser engravings, hand-finished and hand-assembled.
The new POD handboard range, we now offer all three-size body surfing hand boards in two wood species joined together walnut centre and cedar sides.
Shane has designed ergonomic palm hold and support on the handboard deck surface, between the new purposely custom-built 50mm/2inch hand strap retainer inserts to suit 50mm/2inch webbing strap.
Not like other bodysurfing handplanes use of a small 25mm/1inch surfboard plug and a thin handboard strap causing discomfort over the hand.
The palm support relieves the arm muscles from stress, typically from handplanes with flat decks and most of all holds your hand in place, prevents your hand from slipping out from under the double padded neoprene strap.
Without any doubt, the new Sustainable WOO Cedar and Walnut Neutral Buoyant POD Handboard ensures improved performance in any surf condition, from beginners, casuals, to the elite dedicated bodysurfer looking for a brag-worthy unique product with outstanding performance, whilst offering natural paddling freedom, improved bodysurfing performance wave after wave, we highly recommend any of the Solid Wooden POD Handboards.
WOO Cedar and Walnut Body Surfing Handboard Features
- Volume = 705cm^3 or 705millilitres/0.186241 US Liquid gallon
- Lifting Force = up to 90kg/198.416lb
- Size = L 300mm/12inch x W 210mm/8.25inches x D 43mm/1.69inches
- Deck = Convex with Palm Hold and Support
- Bottom = Deep 18mm Con/cave with Keel Fin
- 50mm2inch Custom POD Designed Hand Strap Retainer (not a 25mm/1inch surfboard plug)
- 65mm/2.5inches Double Padded Neoprene (not 35mm/1.3inch strap)
- 50mm/2inch Adjustable Webbing Hand Strap
- Wrist Leash
- Laser Engravings
- Satin Finish
*Note: We highly recommend adjusting the hand strap snug once over your hand. With further use just slide your hand in between the strap and the deck palm support. This will ensure the Velcro remains attached and lasts for many years.
Protective Handboard Case and Hemp Drawstring Cover
Protect your bodysurfing POD handboard investment with a new environmentally friendly reusable packaging foam that can be repeatedly recycled, the environmental protection industry describes it as a never-recession material with so many advantages, including good impact resistance, moisture-proof and waterproof.
Therefore, with the proper care, your premium wood handboard will last years of quality bodysurfing, that you can then pass down from generation to generation.
Hemp Cover and Protective Case Features
- Environmentally Friendly 320gsm Hemp Cover
- Impact Resistance Protective Case
- Reusable Packaging
All POD handboards decks are Convex = Comfort in the palm of your hand
The bottom surface are Concave = Optimum Lift, Speed, and Control in the surf
The concave bottom and keel fin surface area are explicitly engineered for Rapid Lift versus Force in association with the mixture of air and water provides instant Lifting Force, Speed and Control; this will assist in your body surfing and handboarding wave-holding skills without your board sliding sideways.
POD Fins PF2 - Bodysurfing Swim Fins
If you’re looking for ultra-advanced surfing swim fins look no further!
A step above our PF1’s, these high quality rubber swim fins are ideal for bodyboarding, bodysurfing, knee boarding, swimming in the ocean, surf rescue, surf life guards or for use as photographer’s swim fins.
The sleek Sic Cut® design is backed by patented technology and only the best materials available.
Users of our PF2 swim fins are amazed by their speed, power, and supreme comfort.
These swimming fins will last thanks to our patented lamination technique as well as the Tread Rails® that run along the outside of the foot pocket.
We’re confident our PF2’s will quickly earn your trust and keep you coming back for more!
POD Fin PF2 - Rubber Swim Fin Features
- Manufactured with Malaysian highest quality natural buoyant rubber compounds
- Lightweight and Robust Sic Cut® design
- POD patented lamination technique for super strong construction
- Soft rubber lined extended foot pocket is extremely comfortable
- Unique Splay Rails® combined with symmetric Chisel Blade® provide excellent balance and a more powerful kick with directed thrust, speed and control
- Vertical rails produce greater wave holding stability
- Drainage design ensures quick water and sand release from the foot pocket
- Tread Rails® that run along the outside of the foot pocket provide extra strength and durability"
POD Fins PF2 - Bodysurfing Swim Fins Sizes
- Small: 6-7 = Length 23cm and Width 8.5cm
- Small/Medium: 7-8 = Length 24cm and Width 9cm
- Medium: 8-9 = Length 25cm and Width 9.5cm
- Medium/Large: 9-10 = Length 26cm and Width 10cm
- Large: 10-11 = Length 27cm and Width 10.5cm
- Extra Large: 11-12 = Length 27cm and Width 11cm
*Note: Please use the foot size chart below for all models of POD fins. If you have any doubts whatsoever, please visit your local stockist.
If the length of your foot is slightly longer but matches the same width in the foot size chart, there is still plenty of toe room because the foot pocket itself has been extended for versatile fittings and to ensure a comfortable fit.
POD Fins are not engineered for fittings below the mentioned sizes (more than one foot sizes), this will alter the predetermined foot size to blade length ratio versus body weight.
This will compromise the swim fin structural strength, due to overweight or overstretching, is not covered under warranty.
Furthermore, POD swim fins are made from quality natural rubber intended for bodyboarding, bodysurfing, kneeboarding, swimming and other related water sports activities.
They are not intended for walking or running (they are not joggers nor shoes).
Bending the blade beyond 35° in any direction from walking, running and/or excess load on the blade or sole will cause the sole or blade to tear/crack voids warranty.
POD Handboard Tips are available on the following link, www.podware.com.au/handboard-tips.